Thursday, February 18, 2010

A March-like Day

We're in Winter's winter and March seems to be marching in.
It definitely felt Marchy today.
I saw high light on both my drives.

I reminded my nephew he reminded me of Dylan, Hemingway, and Gabo, all rolled into one.
I should have told him how much I loved him too.

I don't know if I should have been listening,
I don't know which lullabies were supposed to last,
My ancestors' hasty, angry stomps
Dazzled me on my dreariest days...
I hope they can 'go forth,'
Despite my humbled, vagued intentions...

I've waded through gray guilt,
But I think I was the one who was repugnant.

I thought of pinwheels and carousels too.

I'm fond of Gabo's "A Fear of Death is the Ember of Happiness."

Emerson: "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare.”

No comments:

Post a Comment